Re: OpenBSD ISOs?

Subject: Re: OpenBSD ISOs?
From: james (zuelow@gci.net)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 21:19:16 AKST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mac Mason" <macmasta@ak.net>
To: <aklug@aklug.org>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 7:46 PM
Subject: OpenBSD ISOs?

> Hey, anybody know of a mirror with OpenBSD ISOs? I'm finally going to
> buckle down and get a firewall between my parent's WinXP (Home, even)
> box and the wide world.
>
> ~Mac~

The "official" OpenBSD iso images are copyright Theo DeRaadt. This is a
mechanism to encourage you to purchase them from the project. The CD's
include packages and ports, which you won't need on a firewall, as well as
the installation files for a variety of other platforms you're likely not
using (VAX anyone? There are two at the Juneau state surplus, $250 each).

However if you have the bandwidth to get iso files, you have more than
enough to do an ftp install of OpenBSD. You can also download the .tgz
files for OpenBSD, burn them to CD, and use the boot floppy image to
install from those .tgz files.

Any questions, e-mail me.

Cheers,

James