Re: Average Cable Modem Usage ?

Subject: Re: Average Cable Modem Usage ?
From: Scott Johnson (sjohnson@gci.net)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 16:26:08 AKST

GCI will let you connect multiple cable modems to the same coax, or up to 8
devices per modem. Whichever you would like.

Just FYI though, if you connect multiple cable modems to the same network,
make sure you don't get the layer-2 cross-connected (i.e. use a router to
separate the two.) Don't plug two modems into the same switch or hub as it
will get the cable head-end controller confused and send about 1,500 cable
modems into blackout.

Very very bad! Right Chris?

Scott