RE: FireWall

Subject: RE: FireWall
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 13:52:59 AKST

> It's running Smoothwall, the one we built. IT's asking me to
> login, but the usr name ans passwords are not right I guess.
> Is it wanting me to login to my ISP? Regardless, all I can
> get is root.

Adam,

if i remember correctly, the other user is 'setup'

if you can still login as root, you can use the passwd facility
to change that users passwd:

 # passwd setup

also, if i remember, the command 'setup' would take you to
a menu for change the initial smoothwall config. I don't
recall if there was an option for the users there or not, but
i'd try that first. Unfortunatly i'm more up to speed on the
overall running of linux(/unix) than with the specific distro.

Leif