RE: Average Cable Modem Usage ?

Subject: RE: Average Cable Modem Usage ?
From: Christopher Erickson (cerickson@gci.net)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 21:57:09 AKST

Here is what I found in their current T's & C's...

"The PIPE DSL prices are set much lower than SmartNet business services as PIPE
DSL customers are expected to use the service for primarily personal and
recreational purposes. PIPE DSL customers agree not to run any commercial
servers in conjunction with the Services, including but not limited to, Web,
game, Electronic Mail, NAT, DHCP and DNS servers. Under no circumstances may any
PIPE DSL customer run a streaming audio/video server, "shout-cast" station, MP3
or other audio or video download area with the PIPE DSL service. In the event
any PIPE DSL customer attempts to utilize a commercial or any above-mentioned
server on the network, or if Customer's personal servers generate more than
average amounts of traffic and/or bandwidth usage, ACS Internet may, at its sole
discretion, increase the fees associated with the Services, or terminate the
Services."

-and-

"You may use your ACS Internet account to make only one connection at any given
time, unless you have specifically purchased an account that is, in ACS
Internet's sole opinion, suitable for multiple user applications. Multiple,
simultaneous connections from an ACS Internet account, except as noted, are
prohibited. This means that your ACS Internet account may only be dialed into
one modem in ACS Internet's modem pool or a single DSL connection may be active
per account, at any given time. Any dialup or DSL account found connected to two
or more ACS Internet modems or other connection devices at the same time may be
suspended immediately."

ACS seems to have greatly improved the "user-friendliness" of their T's & C's.

Isn't competition great? (smile)

-Christopher Erickson