RE: Average Cable Modem Usage ?

Subject: RE: Average Cable Modem Usage ?
From: Christopher Erickson (cerickson@gci.net)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 21:16:50 AKST

ACS requires PPPoE and a router for multi-PC access.

GCI does not.

However, smart people use some kind of hardware Firewall between their network
and their ISP.

Further, GCI doesn't care if you have 1 PC, 32 PC's or 500 PC's on your modem.

-Christopher Erickson
Network Design Engineer II
GCI Internet
2550 Denali St., Suite 1000