New mailing list

arthur@corlissfamily.org
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 13:59:37 AKST

Greetings:

I got several responses to the programmers poll, so I've decided to set up a
separate mailing list just for us local programmer types. The concept
being that we can keep the AKLUG list for Linux specific discussions, while
any programming discussions can go here so we don't annoy the non-coders. ;-)

If you're interested in participating, just send an e-mail to
majordomo@digitalmages.com with 'subscribe general-prog' in the body. The
list address is general-prog@digitalmages.com, of course.

Please note that discussions are not limited to specific languages or
platforms. It appears that most of us know many of the same languages, and
some may find it useful to ask which language is best suited for any given
task (at least until someone invents the perfect language ;-).

In any event, have at it if you want!

        --Arthur Corliss