Future AKLUG meeting topics

Subject: Future AKLUG meeting topics
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 23:54:01 AKST

A topic that I would be interested in seeing in a future AKLUG meeting
is how to set up some basic network services. Top on my list are some
sort of firewall and sendmail or other mail service - with the ultimate
goal for me personally to make my web server & desktop more secure and
able to set up my own e-mail (i.e. enderak@enderakonline.com).

Also, communicating with Windows fileshares/printers over a network.
Right now I have to utilize ftp on my server everytime I want to swap
files between computers. I also wouldn't mind getting rid of this dang
parallel port switch I have connected to my printer. :)

Although, maybe most everyone else that comes to the AKLUG meetings
already knows this stuff. In which case maybe I can sucker someone at
the APULUG meetings to help me out one of these Fridays... :) Having
someone explain/show it is 20x more helpful than muddling my way through
man pages.

In any case, If there's enough people out there that would be
interested, I think it would make a good topic. But if there's not much
interest other than myself, I wouldn't want to waste a whole meeting on it.

Justin Dieters
www.enderakonline.com