Re: Sendmail problem

Subject: Re: Sendmail problem
arthur@corlissfamily.org
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 22:23:36 AKST

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Bill Updegraff wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I am running Linux on a cobalt Qube 3 Internet Appliance and have been doing
> so for about a month. This evening Sendmail stopped accepting outgoing
> messages. We can receive mail from the server but not send.
>
> Is there some way I can telnet into the server and examine the outgoing mail
> queue? Sun provide no documentation.
>
> I cannot seem to get to the server to send outgoing mail. As I've
> indicated, the mail has worked fine to this point.

Yes, but you'll need to make sure telnet access is enabled via the web
interface. If you're going to do that on a regular basis, consider installing
SSH on the box as well.

As a failsafe, most of the Qubes now support a serial console (you must hold
some button while it's booting up to toggle it on or off). And, just to be
bizarre, the it's 8-N-1, but at 115200 (I think that's it -- whatever the max
baud rate of the 16550 UART is). A null modem cable will get you a prompt.

        --Arthur Corliss