Re: how to make a machine into a headless box

Subject: Re: how to make a machine into a headless box
From: The Alaskan Bear (akbear@akbearsden.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 22:19:11 AKST

http://www.cadesigns.co.uk/dk1b.htm

Is the website of a company that makes the dummy keyboard, dummy mouse and such,
that might be an idea for you as Bryan said if you wanted to check it out.

--
Ted Montgomery
The Alaskan Bear's Den

-- There are some things lots of money can buy ... -- -- For everything else, there is LINUX ... --

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 10:06:39PM -0900, bryan@ak.net wrote: > > Greg Jetter wrote in <200201160657.g0G6vwd11411@catbert.lzmt.com>: > > > > Thanks for all the sugessions , what I wound up doing is disconnecting the > > viedo cable , mouse , and leaving a keyboard attached , it works well , I > > ssh into it to start up services and use webmin to administer it from the > > other box's , I looked at what tom suggested the add in card was about 300 > > bucks , I'll try and get along without it for the time being. The last thing > > I'm going to try is just pulling out the keyboard connector. if that does > > not cause any dammage then I'm set > > There are also plugs that are basically "dummy keyboards". They have no > functionality other than to make the BIOS think there's a keyboard there. > I don't know anything about them other than that they exist. > > -- > Bryan Medsker > bryan@ak.net > >