Informal poll

Subject: Informal poll
arthur@corlissfamily.org
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 08:56:31 AKST

Greetings:

I'm trying to get a sense of what kind of expertise we have floating around on
the list, so I'd like to take an informal poll:

        Who here either programs professionally (i.e., as part of your
        job description) or slings code for some open source project?

        What languages do you know/use on the job or in open source?

Keep in mind that this is intended for traditional scripting/compiled
languages. I'm not interested in web-specific stuff at the moment (though I
can imagine a similar poll going out on the Alaska Web Pro's list). Besides,
I'd have to slap each person who considers HTML programming with a red
herring, and I don't think my fish can take that much. ;-)

Reply to me off-line, if you will, there's no need to waste the list bandwidth
on this.

        --Arthur Corliss