Re: Anyone try WineX yet?

Subject: Re: Anyone try WineX yet?
From: The Alaskan Bear (akbear@akbearsden.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 16:46:11 AKST

I have tried the WineX. I have also attempted to play the games under it,
and as of now, have not been successful at actually playing. All WineX is, is
wine with a DirextX plugin attached to it somehow. I may not have been doing
it completely right, as it was at about 3am when I played with it, but it didn't
really seem completely worth it, seens how the new wine programs are going towards
working with DirectX and such.

--
Ted Montgomery
The Alaskan Bear's Den

-- There are some things lots of money can buy ... -- -- For everything else, there is LINUX ... --

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 01:50:33PM -0900, Mike Barsalou wrote: > > > > Anyone try out WineX yet? It is supposed to run Windows games on Linux. > > you can find more info about it at www.transgaming.com > > Mike > > >