Linux/Apache/SSL problem

Subject: Linux/Apache/SSL problem
From: Rick Dennis (rdennis@alaskapacific.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 15:21:31 AKST

I am doing my first attempt at SSL on Linux.=20
=20
I have installed and compiled in openssl, mod_ssl for apache.
I created a new certificate which is accepted by the server.
=20
I configured a VirtualHost in httpd.conf for secure site. (I am NOT
using name virtual host for the SSL site)
=20
I can run httpd -l and see that all modules are installed.
=20
I start apache with apachectl startssl; enter the passphrase and start
up is OK
=20
Using 'netstat' I can see https is Listening
Using 'ps' I can see all the instances of httpd -DSSL running
=20
I can access all the non-SSL sites with no problem, but
=20
For some reason, when I try to access the site with
https://www.somesite.com it times out.
=20
There are no errors in the logs files - no access attempts.
=20
I CAN connect to the https site if I access it FROM the webserver itself
(using Lynx)
=20
=20
Anyone have success with SSL and have some suggestions ?? =20
=20
=20
=20
Thanks,
=20
Rick Dennis

BTW - How come there was no notice that this list was moving? I just
noticed, the last message I got was from December 21. =20

=20