RE: Sendmail and ETRN

Subject: RE: Sendmail and ETRN
arthur@corlissfamily.org
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 10:15:50 AKST

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Mike Barsalou wrote:

> OK. I was trying to aim at a somewhat controlled environment because I was
> testing its ability to relay messages properly as well as learn how to setup
> a server that will do ETRN.
>
> The answer seems to be that sendmail 8.x has the ETRN functionality built
> in. I just didn't know how to use it and verify if it in fact was working
> as I expected.
>
> I am happy to report that everything is working as expected.

Gotcha. Just keep in mind for 8.9.x and greater, if you're using the
anti-spam features, you should add the domains you're queueing for to your
access file, with relaying allowed.

There's also a newer feature for handling some of that, called mailertable.
Just add something similar to

        FEATURE(mailertable, dbm /etc/mail/mailertable)

to your MC files, and add the domains you're queing for, there.

        --Arthur Corliss