RE: USB fun

Subject: RE: USB fun
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 08:10:59 AKST

Mike Barsalou [mbarsalou.at.aidea.org] writes:
> Anyone get any USB devices this Christmas? Any other gadgets
> they want to talk about?
>
> The goal would be to see how we could work these things into the Linux
> environment.

Well, I picked up one of those "all-in-one MSN companion Briq" deals off of
TigerDirect for about 99$. With a distro designed for 16mb flash ram, it
boots into linux shell, and runs X. it's got support for the built-in modem
as well as USB ethernet.

Unfortunately the DLink usb ethernet adapter that I also got isn't supported
yet. Its a new rev, and breaks completely. Gotta hate that.

I also got a USB-IDE adapter to make use of my 2.5g 2.5in drive from a
laptop.
Been playing on the usb-devel list and finally got it working last night.
w00t!
now i can have a real hard-drive on my Briq.