Profanity on the List

Subject: Profanity on the List
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 10:31:45 AKST

I've noticed a couple of messages come through the list recently that
contained some "questionable" language, to put it lightly. The rules have
always been pretty lax when it came to what was allowable for posting, and
what wasn't. I believe in this approach and continued with it when I took
over managing the list.

However, I'm drawing the line on profanity--it will not be tolerated in
postings to list, simple as that. People who continue to post messages
which include profanity will be summarily booted from the list.

Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax