Re: ide-scsi cd-rom

Subject: Re: ide-scsi cd-rom
From: civileme (civileme@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 18:32:12 AKST

On Wednesday 26 December 2001 03:18 pm, Dean Sawyer wrote:
> I have 2 cd-rom drives, 1 is a cd-r the other is not. They are both IDE
> drives. Mandrake set up the CD-R for me so it shows up on the SCSI bus and
> is visible by cdrecord. I want to set up the other one so cdrecord can see
> it too. I've looked at the cd-writer how-to and it's not helping me much.
> Can someone point me to some other documentation that tells how to do this?
>
> Dean Sawyer

Ummm, tis a kernel message an apppend either to lilo or GRUB depending on
which one you use

append=" hdb=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi"

where hdb is the CDRW and hdd is the CD would be an example of the line you
feed to lilo in lilo.conf under your linux boot. Obviously, you can also
take the boot where only

append=" hdb=ide-scsi"

and label it something like linux-ide.cd and keep both around. This is
particularly useful if the kernel is older and the drive is really a DVD and
you then need the two boots because _some_ brands of DVD and CDRW/DVD won't
do DVD under ide-scsi emulation.

Civileme