Re: Fwd: Re: CDrom - it gets better

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: CDrom - it gets better
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbinajs@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 12:51:15 AKST

That's what I like to see - consistancy.

I'm guessing that these different reports on what works how and in which
combination has something to do with the different kernel versions being
run and what drivers have been updated and tweaked as more and more
stuff gets figured out.

The box I have my DVD and cdrw drives in is running RH7.0 w/ a 2.2.16
kernel, I suspect most of the ones where Xcdroast is talking to
non-writing ide cd's are running 2.4.x kernels, or at least 2.2.18. I
know a lot of ide stuff was upgraded in the 2.2.18 to 20 kernels.
Hendrich's 'Unified IDE Drivers' for example.

Jim