Re: Fwd: Re: CDrom

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: CDrom
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2001 - 00:02:41 AKST

I tried that (or thought I did anyway), and was unable to access my
non-writer cd with ide-scsi. I was able to 'see' it with Xcdroast, I
just couldn't access it. Could be I didn't set something correctly.

Could the fact that my non-writer cd is a dvd-rom drive cause it not to
be accessable with ide-scsi?

With both cd's being on the same ide chain, I would tend to worry about
buffer underruns anyway with a cd to cd direct transfer. I can already
make enough coasters.

Jim