Re: Wireless security?

Subject: Re: Wireless security?
From: Chris Hamilton (chris@digitalalaska.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 05:58:44 AKST

I like smoothwall for vpn. Very simple, and reasonable hardware
requirements (my old P120's still have life in them).

Also, maybe some engineering types can clarify one issue. The linksys wap11
access points do not work as access points once they have been configured to
work as a bridge. I haven't tested this myself, but to my understanding
that would mean that an individual could capture all the packets they want,
but wouldn't be able to gain access to the network via wireless (granted
they may sniff some good username/password info). Does this sound correct?
Anyone tested this aspect out?

Chris.