Re: active or passive

Subject: Re: active or passive
lee@afabco.com
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 20:32:33 AKST

Rather than using the Linksys (or Cnet or whatever lowend firewall) have you
considered the Smoothwall system for 'doorstop' machines?

I can testify it's very easy to set up (about 20 minutes for me, and that's
because I kept trying to make it harder), and I have to believe it is more
solid than anything linksys or netgear or whoever can put out.

Only disadvantage I can see in comparison to the linksys/netgear/etc is the
physical size; the linksys/etc are smaller than the typical doorstop
machines.

Lee