Ximian Desktop and Evolution

Subject: Ximian Desktop and Evolution
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 08:06:11 AKST

Another thing I just saw on the Ximian site is that they are making a
connector for Exchange 2000/5.5. This connector will allow the Ximian
client to work directly with the Exchange 2000 server.

If you have seen the Evolution client and are wanting to move towards a
Linux Desktop solution, I would recommend the Ximian Desktop.

I am not a very good X-Windows user, and haven't used it much because of
problems I have had with setup. However, after downloading the Ximian Gnome
desktop environment, I have been able to use my Linux Desktop more and more
for my everyday life.

With StarOffice and the Ximian Gnome desktop, things are looking better and
better for Linux as a desktop.

Mike