Found a solution, and a note for the guy who was curious about putting two devices on one IDE channel

Subject: Found a solution, and a note for the guy who was curious about putting two devices on one IDE channel
From: Mac Mason (macmasta@ak.net)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 21:16:47 AKST

Well, I saw something on the linux-raid howto that seemed to say that
the system was smarter than that. It was, too: I put the drive on the
mobo channel, and *poof* 30-odd MB/s.
However: I originally put it as the master on a channel with my DVD
Drive as slave. Result there? 7 mb/s. Unhooked the DVD, and poof.
So whoever it was that was curious about that, there you go.

~Mac~