DG/UX on m88k

Subject: DG/UX on m88k
From: twistedhammer (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 21:03:33 AKST

I recently adopted a Data General - Aviion 500 workstation.
this has a single 40MHz Motorola 88110 processor and has a
copy of DG/UX 5.2 (I think) on it, but didn't come with any
installation media etc..

I have been able to find suprisingly little info about this
hardware and software, even on DG's website..

Also, there appears to be no alternative than to run DG/UX
on it, as neither Linux, FreeBSD, or NetBSD has any support
for this hardware. And while OpenBSD has m88k support, it is
only for the VME line of hardware..

SO, my question is this: does anybody have any information
on this platform, or software that would be useful? I figure
this is the place to ask if anywhere is..
Otherwise I'll probablly just reconifure this into a
glorified Xterminal.. (I did manage to gain root access to
the box..)

TIA,
James Gibson

// free anonymous email || forums \\ subZINE || anonymous browsing
            subDIMENSION -- http://www.subdimension.com