Re: installing winxp on a RAID0 array

Subject: Re: installing winxp on a RAID0 array
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 21:17:47 AKDT

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Curtis Vik wrote:
> Since everyone is talking about winxp.. Does anyone know how to install winxp or win2k on a raid0 array.. winme is the same as any other install.... but when installing winxp the setup does not see the array drives... the driver suplied with my ABIT KT7A-R board give me an error when i try to use the 3rd party driver..

I'd guess this is a case of "wait until the XP-specific drivers show
up"...

BTW, I think I mentioned having XP running on a system for a week or two
now. Updated my AV signatures a day or two ago, came home today and found
a popup that something was infected. Full scan showed six files infected
with VBS/Mcon-B. Apparently this is a VBS worm that spreads through mIRC.

Interesting thing is, though, that mIRC isn't installed on this system
(nor *any* IRC client) and it's never done anything except some
'look-and-feel' testing, sone SETI benchmarking, and WindowsUpdate was run
on it a time or two...

I'm thinking it's time to call the testing complete and put the pieces to
better use - a dedicated Linux/X system, dedicated to taking the place of
my day-to-day Win2K box :-)

(By the way, if anyone happens to have a, oh, Athlon XP just laying around
that they'd like to trade for.. ummm... [dig dig] an external 4.3G FW SCSI
drive and SCSI card, I'd be happy to humor you <g>...)