Re: Windows XP

Subject: Re: Windows XP
From: Chase C. (akmormon@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 22:31:40 AKDT

i just threw XP on the P3... playing around right now, a few down sides, my
Sound Blaster Live wont run, and i've got to wait until the new drivers come
out from SB before i can use it.

the Firewall built in really bites, im a user of Zone Alarm, and XP wont let
me use it. probably get a friend to send me a trojan some time, we'll see
how well Microsoft's firewall holds up.

but- Everything is running much faster, my computer starts up in about half
the time, and programs run much faster, heck- i got downloads of 65k/s off
our cable modem a second ago (ussually it limits to 30k/s). Im still ticked
about no MP3's playing though.

I see a few more lawsuits comin on for Microsoft though- there's a lot of
stuff that wont run.. my MP3- i just discovered.

Chase