RE: Database conversion

Subject: RE: Database conversion
From: David Edge (dedge@alaska.net)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 22:22:21 AKDT

Mike,
Lots of people have done this, you have two choices. You could use a database
backend like mysql and access as the ui. Or you could leave it in access.
Either way, you'll need apache and some modules like mod_perl, dbi and either
dbd::odbc, dbd::proxy or dbd::mysql to interact with your data.

You are right, it's going to take some work to set this up. I met some guys at
our first installfest who do this. I can't remember their company name - maybe
they're still lurking on this list... If you decide to go for it, subscribe to
the dbi-users mail list and start searching the archives - it's all there!

--
David Edge <dedge@alaska.net>

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. -- Robert Heinlein, Logic of Empire