Re: Windows XP

Subject: Re: Windows XP
From: The Alaskan Bear (akbear@akbearsden.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 22:08:55 AKDT

Ok, let's start with your what's wrong with it question.

The Answer is very simple: It's MicroSoft, It's Windows.
Now, with that said, I am advising all my customers to completely stay away
from Windows XP. If you remember when Windows ME came out, it was supposedly
so go great, but there were numerous problems with it. All Windows XP is, is
Windows ME and Windows 2000 put together. The biggest thing that MicroSoft
didn't do, was fix the bugs in either when they combined them. Now, Win2K
isn't that bad, it has been pretty stable from what friends of mine have stated
but, Windows ME on the other hand is a different story. For the most part,
MicroSoft doesn't even support Windows ME really, and do to that fact, they
didn't fix any of the bugs. I have tested Windows XP on the 1 windows computer
I use for testing, and I have had to summarily wipe that drive do to the fact that
it wouldn't even allow me to boot it up after I made a hardware change to it.

My recommendation if you are to use a Windows product is to use Windows 2000 or
Windows 98.

Ted Montgomery
The Alaskan Bear's Den
(907) 242-9824