Re: Remember these?

Subject: Re: Remember these?
From: James Gibson (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 20:14:22 AKDT

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Tom wrote:

> Was cleaning out old documentation from our lab & server room at work and
> ran across a stack of 8" floppies. Had to explain to a couple people that
> they are real and were actually used :-)
>
> If anyone wants a souvenir let me know... :-)

*laughs* I went on a tour of the Engineering building at the college I'm
going off to, and they have an Electron Microscope in the materials lab
(if I recall correctly.. anyway, some expensive piece of machinery) that
is 20 years old, and uses.. da-dum.. 8" floppies! I think they've got
plans for updating the hardware, somehow, with a 3-1/2" standard drive,
but haven't as of yet.. *grins*. Anyway, if you could set one aside for
me, that would be great!

James Gibson

--
Everything in Unix is either written in C
or has to try hard to pretend it is