[aklug] [nuga] log4j trivial RCE (similar to ShellShock) - "Log4Shell" CVE-2021-44228

Royce Williams royce at tycho.org
Sun Dec 12 19:33:19 AKST 2021

Hi, Mike -

Good question. log4j 1.x is not vulnerable to the "Log4Shell" vulnerability
itself, per its author. However, it is vulnerable to a number of other
issues, and is no longer supported by the authors. So for any product with
1.x still integrated, that parent products' vendors should be asked
questions about upgrade plans.

--
Royce