[aklug] Jim Gribbin

Royce Williams royce at tycho.org
Sun Jan 6 20:26:13 AKST 2019

All,

I am sad to relay that I read in the ADN today that long-time AKLUG member
Jim Gribbin passed away unexpectedly, on Christmas Day. He was an
enthusiastic Linux guy who made me feel right at home at my first AKLUG
meeting. He will be missed. I plan to attend his service.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/adn/obituary.aspx?pid=191168036

The text from his obituary follows - so that even if it disappears
elsewhere online, it will remain part of our own list archives.

*James Joseph Gribbin passed away unexpectedly on Dec. 25, 2018, in
Anchorage, Alaska. Jim was born in Santa Barbara, Calif., on June 27, 1954.
He moved to Anchorage at a very early age. He graduated from West High
School and attended University of Alaska Anchorage. Jim received an
associate degree in electronics. Jim had his pilot's license with Water
Wings, which allowed him to land on remote lakes all over beautiful Alaska.*

*Jim worked for GBR Oil and Tool for several years and then was the
owner-operator of The Casting House, where he was a jeweler. He was
currently employed as an Associate Broker with Jack White Real Estate.*

*Jim was a member of Guadalupe Catholic Church and The Knights of Columbus
at the church. He was very proud to be a Galloneer Blood Donor.*

*Jim enjoyed computers, flying, jewelry making, spending time with his
family and attending birthday parties and holidays with his nieces and
nephews. Jim was also a voracious reader.*

*Jim was preceded in death by his father, James Harvey Gribbin.*

*He is survived by his mother, Eleanor H. Gribbin; brothers, Peter (Gina)
and Jeff (Sherrie) Gribbin; sisters, Georgia (Jeff) Bowles and Andrea
Gribbin; nieces, Alicia, Sarina and Brandy; and his nephews, Chris, Mike,
Jonny and Peter.*

*A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, at 11 a.m., at
Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church, 3900 Wisconsin Street in Anchorage.
A potluck will follow the service. Please feel free to bring a dish.*

*Our son, brother and uncle will be dearly missed.*

--
Royce