[aklug] Burning a DVD-R disc using Thundar

Mike alaskabarsalou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:11:25 AKST 2018

I'm trying to back up a bunch of photos and want to use my DVD-R
writer to do this.

When I insert a Blank Disc, Thunar seems to recognize it is there and
I can put files onto it.

However, when I stuck a different blank disc into the drive (after
properly ejected the first), all the names of the file that were on
the original disc showed up.

So this makes me believe that it didn't actually write the disc.

Has anyone used this feature in Thunar successfully?

Maybe I don't properly understand how it should work.

I've googled around a bit, but nothing obvious shows itself.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mike