[aklug] how to get Linux within Windows environment

STEVE JOHNSON steve.johnson at gci.net
Fri Mar 2 18:08:15 AKST 2018

Would the "Windows subsystem for Linux" be helpful? Article on the
LInux Journal
website, http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/ubuntu-linux-and-bash-windows-program.
I don't know R and I have never worked for the State of Alaska, though
I know that Windows is the OS used by the state.
PS to AKLUG Linux Journal has risen from the dead.  I should send a
separate message on that subject.
Steve JohnsonAnchorage, AK steve.sjohnson at gci.net