[aklug] OT: unbranded pfSense?

Christopher Howard christopher at alaskasi.com
Mon Oct 16 15:03:47 AKDT 2017

Has anybody heard if there is anybody maintaining an unbranded
repository or builds for pfSense? Kind of like Iceweasel was for
Firefox? I found out pfSense CE is under the apache license, and they
won't allow commercial redistribution of preloaded routers if you keep
the pfSense branding on the product.

Maybe I just need to create my own pfsense interface theme...? Is that
difficult?

Trying to be careful not to violate the trademark terms, I went on the
pfSense forum, explained what I was doing, and asked if there was an
easy way to remove the logo. The next business day, my post was
deleted, and my IP address was permanently banned.

--
Christopher Howard
Enterprise Solutions Manager