[aklug] Recording Vinyl

James Tweet jamestweet at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 16:07:44 AKDT 2017

A number of years ago I helped connect a record player to a PC. If you are going directly from the record player pre-amp outputs then connect that to the microphone input of your computer. Also there should be a ground connection on the record player. You may need a wire. Connect the ground of the record player to one of the screws that hold the power supply on your PC. This will get rid of a lot of pops and hiss from the record player.
James