[aklug] Recording Vinyl

STEVE JOHNSON steve.johnson at gci.net
Thu Nov 2 19:50:48 AKDT 2017

Obsession Records in Anchorage sells new and (I seem to recall) used
turntables in addition to recordings on vinyl and associated
accessories. The last time I was at the store, they were selling the
same Audio Technica turntable I've been using for many years,
including some conversions to MP3 using Audacity on various Linux
systems.  Obsession Records is located in the same building as Golden
Donuts at the intersection of Tudor and Lake Otis.  Obsession Records
is on Facebook; I do not recall a stand alone website. I have not
bought many records lately, but I have shopped at Obsession. My main
impression is that they are really helpful and friendly.
Another alternative is to order on a "ship to store: basis from Best
Buy.  The Best Buy website lists turntables with conventional, USB
and Bluetooth connectivity.
Steve JohnsonAnchorage, AK steve.sjohnson at gci.net