[aklug] Old Macs

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Sat May 27 10:43:17 AKDT 2017

> Barry Clark <blclark at gci.net> [170526 21:06]:
> I just thought that I would share this with the group.  This is about the
> third computer that I ever owned and my first Macintosh.  I think that I
> paid about $2500 for this new back in about 1987 and I upgraded it with a
> daughter board to a 68030 with 4 megs of RAM!  The SCSI drive is 40MB.  That
> is a picture of it today after I dug it out of the closet.

  Got my first computer in 1987 - Listed at $3600 and paid $2400
  since I could buy it through the Mat-Su School District.

  It was a IBM with 512K of RAM and a 20-meg hard drive. State of
  art at the time and a darn good deal at $2400.

  I saw quite a few Macs like Barry's at the school district
  offices, I think Apple was making inroads in the education sector
  at the time.

  Don't throw it out! Could be worth something to you as an antique
  or museum piece.

--
Tim