[aklug] Emacs Graphics Output

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Thu May 18 11:29:54 AKDT 2017

  As Chris knows, I use emacs (and code in python), but I haven't
  done any graphics programming since before my hair fell out
  (I.E. the previous century).

  Chris, I recommend that you "sign up" on the emacs mailing list (I
  think it mirrors as a newsgroup).

  You will find that to be a very generous and helpful community.
  Especially when you as an OP tend to be very organized in your
  submissions and courteous in your manner.

  At one time, I thought about using emacs as a host environment for
  python graphics programming, but never got around to it. Perhaps
  it is worth investigating using emacs as a host environment for
  picolisp graphics programming? As opposed to elisp itself.

  cheers
* Christopher Howard <christopher.howard at qlfiles.net> [170517 13:35]:
> Hi list. I've been programming mostly in PicoLisp lately, but wanted to
> get back into elisp as well. One specific question: Where do you start
> if you want to use elisp to create PNG or other graphics files? I'm
> finding lots of information on displaying graphics files in Emacs, but
> was interested rather in turning arrays in graphics file data.
>
> --
> https://qlfiles.net

Tim