[aklug] Forensics: looking for tape drive

John Jenkinson jenkinsonjp at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 08:25:34 AKDT 2017

at BP we used Exabyte. we had standalone, stackers, and robots. i'm thinking ebay or used market. then you'd need the software to drive the drive.as each vendor used proprietary formats for their backup/archive   knowing which package created the backup is critical.using dd to map block sizes and/or get a hint as to the software used to write the tapes.other software will be needed to skip over the EOV (end of volume)  (usually two end of files together)  if needed