[aklug] Memory Pressure Relief

Greg Madden gomadtroll at gci.net
Thu Jun 1 14:35:29 AKDT 2017

Made some changes to my system, started using Debian Stretch, kernel 4.9
and added 8gb memory, total 16gb.

I have Never seen this particular error message before, my google search
content seemed limited.

The  "Memory Pressure Relief" messages show up on one of my x-terminals.
I have abbreviated both outputs..there is enough.

Help appreciated, point me to a better search.

ps I do have two vm's running most of the, 2gb per instance, the rest is
office apps for business.

Memory pressure relief: Prune MemoryCache live resources: =dirty (at
22429696 bytes)
Memory pressure relief: Drain CSSValuePool: =dirty (at 22429696 bytes)
Memory pressure relief: Discard StyleResolvers: =dirty (at 22429696 bytes)
Memory pressure relief: Discard all JIT-compiled code: =dirty (at
22429696 bytes)
Memory pressure relief: Dropping buffered data from paused media
elements: =dirty (at 22429696 bytes)
Memory pressure relief: Purge inactive FontData: =dirty (at 22429696 bytes)
Memory pressure relief: Clear WidthCaches: =dirty (at 22429696 bytes)
Memory pressure relief: Discard Selector Query Cache: =dirty (at
22429696 bytes)
Memory pressure relief: Prune MemoryCache dead resources: =dirty (at
22429696 bytes)

greg at tdestretch:~$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:       16435724 kB
MemFree:         1583588 kB