[aklug] Requesting help with postfix

Mike alaskabarsalou at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 21:33:47 AKDT 2017

Answering my own query here.

Looks like my testing was using the wrong tool.

Should have been using telnet to port 25 in order to get the proper
restrictions to get executed.

Additionally adding -vvv to the smtp....smtpd line in master.cf gave
me lots of info about what was happening.

I could then see that the restriction was being executed, but failed
because "recipient" in this case was the entire e-mail address
including the domain.

Adding that information into the bogofilter spool dir allowed me to
see that there was no wordlist.db there.

Just a few more steps, and I think I'll have it sorted.

Thanks for reading.