[aklug] SHA broken

Royce Williams royce at tycho.org
Thu Feb 23 17:02:46 AKST 2017

The first collision found for a well-known hash is historic. I don't think
they're over-hyping it.

If there's one thing that the industry is starting to learn -- and still
hasn't fully, but that this announcement is intended to encourage -- it's
that you have to deprecate vigorously and early, in order to actually get
movement in time, and to minimize the length of the long tail of
stragglers.

Royce