[aklug] some boxes for a few GPUs to live in?
royce at tycho.org
Thu Aug 24 23:30:18 AKDT 2017
So I'm in the short-term market for some boxes to house four full-size GTX
970 GPUs  for a project next month (PCI-E x16 Gen 2 or higher).
* One box, two boxes, four boxes - combination doesn't matter.
* Patchability and reliability is key.
* Linux compatibility is good for my workflow, but not crucial (I could get
by with them running Windows 7 or 10 instead ... but they'd have to come
with a current OS install, as I don't have licenses for those).
* CPU and RAM don't matter much; enough for the OS to not thrash.
* Cooling matters - either decent GPU airflow, or maybe functional enough
with the case off.
* Not sounding like a hovercraft would be a plus. :)
* Enough power supply to support the cards running at full tilt (max ~180W
each according to nvidia-smi). Each card uses two 6-pin PCI-E connectors
(and I probably have enough Molex adapters for these).
* Not too expensive. Rescuing boxes from recycling would be ideal for the
pocketbook, but I'm also more than willing to pay for a good fit.
Sorta like for cryptocurrency mining ... but different. ;)
If anyone has any leads, let me know (off-list, I imagine?)
I may cross-post to NUGA if there are no bites here.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the aklug