[aklug] Re: C++ Symbol Error

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Sun Nov 06 2016 - 12:59:00 AKST

  FYI : I'm an "old" in more ways than one ... C programmer,
  (although I came to prefer Ansi C over C++)

  and furthermore, I haven't coded C or C++ in almost 17 years.

  Take into consideration that compute.o probably is an object file
  derived from compute.c as source. So take a look in compute.c for
 _ZdaPv@@GLIBCXX_3.4. It is likely that some header file referenced
 from compute.c - is missing or not in the system path.

 If that's no help and you get no help from anyone on this list, I
 recommend that you sign up on a haskell help forum or ML. I am
 assuming that you haven't done so because you're posting your
 problem here.

 Good Luck!
 - tj -

* Christopher Howard <ch.howard@zoho.com> [161105 19:47]:
> Hi list. I'm trying to compile some Haskell code, which I think is part
> C++, on Debian Jessie. I get this error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: dist/build/gruff/gruff-tmp/src/compute.o: undefined
> reference to symbol '_ZdaPv@@GLIBCXX_3.4'
> //usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO
> missing from command line
>
> I haven't done any C++ programming for quite a while. Can anyone clarify
> what this might mean?
>
> --
> https://qlfiles.net
> My PGP public key ID is 0x340EA95A (pgp.mit.edu).

Tim