[aklug] Re: Easy CA Tool -XCA correct link

From: Thomison, Lee <ThomisonL@muni.org>
Date: Tue Oct 11 2016 - 17:05:45 AKDT

xca

http://xca.hohnstaedt.de/

-----Original Message-----
From: aklug@aklug.org [mailto:aklug@aklug.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 5:00 PM
To: aklug digest users <aklug@aklug.org>
Subject: aklug Digest V15 #92

aklug Digest Tue, 11 Oct 2016 Volume: 15 Issue: 092

In This Issue:
                [aklug] Easy CA Tool?

From: Christopher Howard <ch.howard@zoho.com>
Subject: [aklug] Easy CA Tool?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:59:34 -0800

Hi list. What tool would you recommend for being your own certificate authority, as very easy to use, but still getting the certs done correctly? (For personal use.) I spent about 4 hours learning how to use Gnomint and creating and installing certificates, only to discover that the way it formats the root cert violates some standard which causes it to generate a fatal SSL error in all Web browsers.
(SEC_ERROR_INADEQUATE_CERT_TYPE in Firefox: apparently has something to do with the extendedKeyUsage field.)

--
https://qlfiles.net
My PGP public key ID is 0x340EA95A (pgp.mit.edu).