[aklug] Re: POSIX ACLs: Mask

From: Christopher Howard <ch.howard@zoho.com>
Date: Sat Sep 17 2016 - 16:14:35 AKDT

Answer my own question: I found the mask entry is pretty handy when you
want to quickly limit all the other ACL entries based on the file type.
E.g., maybe by default you give 10 different groups rwx permissions, but
the file is only a document, so you'll disable the x permission in the mask.

--
https://qlfiles.net
My PGP public key ID is 0x340EA95A (pgp.mit.edu).