[aklug] Re: IT certifications

From: Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2016 - 14:57:09 AKDT

Dan,

Well put. Totally agree that a college education is a good thing to have.
You still need to learn how to use things like Cisco or NetApp. Unless your
college degree included training in these areas. That's where the vendor
certs come in. I don't like the fact that they only last 3 years. I also
don't like the fact that they are expensive. Unfortunately it's all we have
at the moment.