[aklug] Re: IT certifications

From: Szechuan Death <sdeath@sdeath.net>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2016 - 09:35:46 AKDT

On 9/7/16 12:49 AM, The Gaijin wrote:

> Also just occurred to me: the ACM (Association of Computing Machinery) used to
> offer classes on-line for members. The membership was relatively inexpensive as
> I recall, like $100/yr., but they did offer certs that you might be interested in.
>
> R.

They do, actually. I just had cause to recheck. SkillSoft-based, and
they've updated their content to support "apps". This means that if you
are enfoeffed to either iOS or Android, you have the option to download
content and view it offline. This can be handy.

They cover most of the big ones - Cisco, CompTIA, (ISC)2, etc. These
are "free", in the sense that you don't have to pay any extra for them,
along with your membership. (Don't get the Digital Library unless you
actually want to use it - you don't need it to access the courses.)

You too can participate in rampant IT credentialism! >;->

--
"GLORIOUS HR TICKBOXES"
-SD