[aklug] Re: IT certifications

From: Dan Wolf <dan-wolf@gci.net>
Date: Tue Sep 06 2016 - 12:57:15 AKDT

IMO..... Some of the basic certs A+, CCNA have value in providing employers with a comparative baseline for entry level positions, but after that certs tend to lose their value...... In the end.....stay in school or go back and get a 2 or 4 yr degree and you will have a piece of paper that lasts a lifetime rather than 2-3 yrs....... Then you leverage that paper to get in the door to an org that can provide the additional training you seek As always YMMV.....:-)