[aklug] Re: [NUGA] iOS 9.3.5 is out - patch now

From: JP <jp@jptechnical.com>
Date: Thu Aug 25 2016 - 09:50:00 AKDT

Thanks for the tip! At least this one isn't being embraced by the world as
the next great iOS feature like the PDF jailbreak was. It blew my mind that
it was at least a month of the interweb buzzing about how you could
jailbreak an iphone with only a PDF until those who said 'Wait a minute...
this is a security risk' could be heard above the static. Oh the good old
days when rooting a phone and setting up an unauthenticated ssh service was
relatively benign. I wish there was an emoticon for wistful remembering the
good 'ol days.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 9:23 AM Royce Williams <royce@tycho.org> wrote:

> https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/768789299823316992
>
> *Matthew Green* ‏@matthew_d_green <https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green>
> 5h5 hours ago
> <https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/768789299823316992>
>
> Let me try this again. If some device you use a lot asks you to patch
> today, do it. Don't hit "later".
>

> Details are sketchy - almost certainly in order to get as many devices
> patched as possible before someone reverse-engineers it.
>
> Most likely reason:
>

> https://motherboard.vice.com/read/government-hackers-iphone-hacking-jailbreak-nso-group
>

> Royce │
>

> --

_
(forgive my terseness or the typos, I am writing on my mobile device)

*JP (Jesse Perry)*
voice/txt: 907-748-2200
email: jp@jptechnical.com
web: http://jptechnical.com