[aklug] Alaska SANS

From: John Jenkinson <jenkinsonjp@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Jul 20 2016 - 08:29:27 AKDT

From: Cheney, Jason R. (AN) (FBI) [mailto:Jason.Cheney@ic.fbi.gov]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2016 9:12 AM
Cc: Cheney, Jason R. (AN) (FBI)
Subject: [EXTERNAL]: SANS Alaska 2016 Aug InfraGard Member, It’s time to save money, no need to waste that travel budget, SANS is coming to Alaska. Special thanks to our InfraGard Oil and Gas Sector Chief Jackie Morrison for working diligently to make SANS Alaska possible. Please help spread the word a successful SANS this year, will line up annual SANS training for years to come.
| |

Join SANS for a week of information security training in Alaska!  SANS Alaska will feature two hands-on, immersion-style security training courses taught by real-world practitioners this August 22-27, 2016 in Anchorage. Attend world-class training during the day and join the SANS ICS team at night for special bonus sessions around protecting our critical infrastructures.SANS Alaska at a glance•       ICS410: ICS/SCADA Security Essentials•       SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling•       Three SANS@Night Bonus Sessions•       Location: Alaska Pacific University - Anchorage, AK Save $400 when you register and pay for a course by July 6!
Enter discount code “EarlyBird16” at registration. Courses •       ICS410: ICS/SCADA Security Essentials:
Instructor: Eric Cornelius | GIAC-GICSPThis course provides a foundational set of standardized skills and knowledge for industrial cybersecurity professionals. The course is designed to ensure that the workforce involved in supporting and defending industrial control systems is trained to keep the operational environment safe, secure, and resilient against current and emerging cyber threats.•       SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling:
Instructor: Mick Douglas | GIAC-GCIHThis course provides a time-tested, step-by-step process for responding to computer incidents, and a detailed description of how attackers undermine systems so you can prepare, detect, and respond to them. By helping you understand attackers' tactics and strategies in detail, giving you hands-on experience in finding vulnerabilities and discovering intrusions, and equipping you with a comprehensive incident handling plan, this course helps you turn the tables on computer attackers. SANS@Night Bonus Sessions
Join member of the SANS ICS team and InfraGard Alaska for special bonus sessions around protecting our organizations and critical infrastructures •       Keynote: How to Think About the Myriad of Cybersecurity Requirements & Challenges Facing Critical Infrastructure Organizations
Presented by Mike Assante, SANS ICS LeadSecurity programs and their solution providers are constantly chasing a revolving door of cyber threats. APTs, ransomware, emerging technical threats, and the constant of exploitable human vulnerabilities are just some of the attention grabbers. We will talk about why government officials believe infrastructure operators are missing the boat on tailoring their policies and procedures to specific and worrisome risks. Does it make sense to concentrate our focus on mainstream issues? Or do we need to broaden our efforts instead of lumping the enterprises needs into a single bucket? Find out why expanding your lens to include various protection priorities might be the way to go. •       What We All Need to Learn from the Attack on the Ukrainian Power Grid
Presented by Mike Assante & Tim Conway•       Pennies of Prevention to Save Bitcoins Later: Avoiding A Ransomware Attack
Presented by Mick Douglas Learn more at www.sans.org/alaska-2016 Follow us on twitter @SANSICS and join the #SANSAlaska conversation.    |
|   |

  v/r Jason CheneySpecial Agent- Anchorage DivisionFederal Bureau of InvestigationInfragard CoordinatorW 907-265-8265Infragard Help Desk- 877-861-6298 -- Infragard.orgInfraGard Alaska    infragard-alaska.com

   - Flyer_Alaska-2016_AK_$400.pdf